Introduction to Fractions
A fraction represents part of a whole. Every fraction has a numerator and denominator. In this course, you’ll learn what a fraction is and the parts that make one up. You’ll find out how to compare fractions. You’ll also discover techniques for finding the least common denominator and ordering fractions.
The Course Description training is offered to eligble students in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Understand the importance of equal parts
- Identify the numerator and denominator of a fraction
- Compare fractions
- Describe how to use a fraction number line
- Understand how to solve problems using pictures
- List the different types of fractions
- Explain equivalent fractions
- Find a common denominator and the least common denominator
- Describe techniques to order fractions
Preparing you for success
Canada Skills is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.