Numbers and the Number Line
In this course, you’ll learn how to understand place values and explore the six different types of numbers. You’ll also find out how number lines can help you compare the values of numbers.
The Course Description training is offered to eligble students in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Identify place values
- Explain the base ten numbering system
- Identify different types of numbers
- Distinguish a rational number from an irrational number
- Identify the parts of a number line
- Determine the value of hatch marks on a number line
- Define opposite numbers
- Determine a number’s absolute value
Preparing you for success
Canada Skills is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.