Hydraulic Piping and Instrumentation
Piping and tubing transport hydraulic energy throughout the circuit of a hydraulic system. This piping may be flexible or rigid. When flexible or rigid piping aren’t the best solution, connection blocks may be used. In addition, several types of instruments measure pressure and flow in hydraulic circuits.
The Course Description training is offered to eligble students in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Understand the use of piping and tubing
- Describe the features of flexible and rigid piping
- Recognize the difference between fittings and one-touch fittings
- List the two connection types of rigid piping
- Understand the use of connection blocks
- List the types of pressure measuring instruments
- Describe how a pressure gauge works
- Understand the functions of a pressure switch and pressure transducer
- List the types of flow measuring instruments
- Identify what a multimeter can measure
Preparing you for success
Canada Skills is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.