Group decision-making is hard. In this course, you’ll discover the special considerations you need to think about during group decision-making. You’ll find out about what consensus really is and which traps you need to avoid. Finally, you’ll learn about groupthink and how you can prevent it.
The Course Description training is offered to eligble students in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
By the end of this course, students will be able to
- Understand why group decision-making is difficult
- List the advantages and disadvantages of group decision-making
- Describe different decision-making approaches
- Identify common mistakes in reaching consensus
- Describe how to reach a true consensus
- Define groupthink
- Identify the signs of groupthink
- Understand the reasons for bad decision-making
- Describe the process for making good decisions
- Understand how to make an ethical decision
Preparing you for success
Canada Skills is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.