After the Interview
In this course, you’ll learn what you need to do after an interview. You’ll find out how to gauge your thoughts about an interview before time causes them to fade. You’ll also discover why you need to send a thank-you note and when it’s okay to follow up. You’ll find out how to evaluate, negotiate, and accept or decline an offer. Finally, you’ll learn how to properly resign from your current job.
The Course Description training is offered to eligble students in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Define the parking lot test
- Understand how to write and send a thank-you note
- Identify the types of employment tests you may be asked to take
- List the components of a job offer
- Explain how to evaluate an offer
- Explain how to negotiate an offer
- Understand offer contingencies
- Describe how to handle multiple offers
- Explain how to respond to an offer
- Explain how to give notice at your current job
- Describe how to handle counteroffers
- Be prepared for being escorted out of the building
Preparing you for success
Canada Skills is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.