Making a Positive Impression
In this course, you’ll discover how you can increase your chances of getting a job offer. You’ll learn how to make a positive impression with your appearance and handshake. You’ll also find advice for how to behave when you arrive at the interview and during the interview.
The Course Description training is offered to eligble students in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Understand the importance of making a good first impression
- Describe how to prepare for unexpected employer contact
- Explain how to reply to job contact initiated through email and by phone
- Describe how to use a phone interview to land an in-person interview
- Use your appearance to make a positive impression
- Explain how to behave when you arrive at an interview
- Describe how to shake hands properly
- Understand how body language impacts communication
- Describe how to act professionally during an interview
- List common interviewing mistakes
- Explain how to behave during lunch and video interviews
Preparing you for success
Canada Skills is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.