Completing an Employment Application
During your job search, you’ll likely be asked to complete an employment application. An employment application is not a resume, though, and you shouldn’t look at it in the same way. In this course, you’ll discover how to complete an application that stimulates a potential employer’s interest.
The Course Description training is offered to eligble students in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Define employment application
- Describe the difference between an employment application and a resume
- List the advantages and disadvantages of using an employment application
- Identify the two types of employment applications
- Describe what you can do to make your application stand out from the crowd
- Understand the information you need to complete an employment application
- Describe how to handle salary expectations on an employment application
- List what you need to consider when providing references
Preparing you for success
Canada Skills is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.