Advanced Manufacturing Technician
Program Duration: 7 Weeks, 3 modules a day (approx 96 hrs)
The Advanced Manufacturing Technician program is a 7-week online program designed to help students gain the skills and knowledge required for work as entry-level advanced manufacturing technicians.
Advanced manufacturing technicians play a valuable role in the manufacturing industry. They provide support to the entire manufacturing organization to help ensure that the equipment is running well, materials are built and flowing through the plants correctly and that safety procedures are being followed.
The Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate training is offered to eligble students in Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Manufacturing Essentials
- Introduction to Industrial Automation
- Introduction to CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) Machining
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Understanding Logistics
- Principles of LEAN Manufacturing
- Quality Control Methodology
- Math Foundations
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Workspace Safety Awareness
- Recommended CLB 7 (Canadian Language Benchmark)—Equivalent to IELTS 6 or TOEFL 77-99
- Manufacturing Production Worker Level 1 or equivalent recommended
- Have access to a device that meets the system requirements to use Northwest Skills Institute online courses.
- Civil infrastructure
- Consumer products
- Electrical equipment
- Materials processing
Required Program Materials
- Access to a computer with a modern browser installed (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Access to high speed internet
81% of all workers in this occupation work full-time.
Job Placement SupportPlease contact us for information about our job placement support services
Preparing you for success
Canada Skills is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.